Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shout out

Adam Letourneau is a force in demystifying Canadian legal education. Not only does he have a great blawg where he posts about grades, getting motivated, and everything related to law school, but he also has a book: So You Want to be a Lawyer, eh? (Great title, eh?)

I have to admit, I haven't read the book. But based on the information that Adam has on his website, it looks great. Many of the questions I had, way back when, are answered in Adam's book. In fact, this space spawned from my frustration at not finding quick answers to these questions. In the US, there are websites that give the skinny on every law program out there. Some sites are more focused on rankings and statistics while others share personal stories and the qualitative side of the story. Adam's book fills a void in the market and it will hopefully help students make informed decisions about coming to (and succeeding at) a Canadian law school student. Best of luck Adam!

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Adam Letourneau, author of So, You Want to be a Lawyer, Eh? said...

I just came across this posting - thanks for the kudos. I really appreciate it. I jump to your blawg from time to time to see how things are going at Queen's. Your readers might also be interested in the list of CANS available at www.canadalawstudent.ca as well. I posted all of my old outlines there, and there are links to outlines at other schools as well.

You are right - the blog and the book came as a result of being frustrated at not finding much out there on law school and becoming a lawyer from a Canadian perspective. I hope it helps to "demystify" things, as you claim in your post. Cheers,

Adam Letourneau
Law, Eh?
CanadaLawStudent.ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home