Monday, November 08, 2004

Multiplying Macs

Just wanted to let you know that in the last few months, more and more Macs have been appearing in the law school. Just within the last 2 weeks, I know of at least 4 students who just bought a Mac. It seems like they were holding out just to make sure Macs were compatible with the school.

Also, I got an email from virus/ hacker/ spam/ spyware guru, McAfee. I quote:
804,548,973 Viruses stopped by McAfee VirusScan of the past 12 months
2,356,379,550 Hacker attacks blocked by McAfee Personal Firewall Plus over the past 30 days.
Past 30 days?! So that means that everyday clients who are running McAfee's products are attacked over 78 Million times! That sounds like a heck of a lot of hacking to me. After reading their email, I got a bit scared. So, I went to their website and found more disturbing information about how slow my computer will run if I have a virus, etc. And then I realized that McAfee doesn't even sell Mac software! (Or, at least, I couldn't find any.) So, now I can breathe a bit easier. All that hacking is only on Wintel machines. Whew. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home