Thursday, August 03, 2006

New Suits

Call Day

Call day has come and gone. It went pretty much as expected. Starting at 7:59am (by my clock), by phone started to ring. Each call was swift and to the point. During a hectic half an hour, I filled all my slots for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then, suddenly, after my last slot was scheduled, the calls stopped. It was perfect ... and bit eerie.

Planning

There was very little time between calls so I was glad to have everything well laid out beforehand. I had received a few letters letting me know that certain firms/gov agencies were going to call but the vast majority of potential employers were still unknown. To ensure minimal travel time, I created a huge map and cross referenced it with an alphabetical list. The system worked really well. The real planning starts now.

Suits and Ties

Interview days are looming on the horizon and I need a new suit. There are currently 3 pages of posts on LawBuzz about "What to wear for articling" and I have been reading the thread with interest. I wonder how long it takes for Maxwell's to tailor and send a new shirt...

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Simeon said...

Thanks for the link to Maxwell's. I was just asking a friend about him today - I need some new business clothes and I've heard stellar things about him. I'm headed there tomorrow - he's in Toronto until for the next 2 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home