Saturday, February 10, 2007

Linking with Quebec

I have a soft spot for Quebec. As a country, we are truly fortunate to have the culture, language and perspectives from Quebec. Even though I grew up in Alberta, all my classes in elementary school were in French and these language skills have served me well over the years. Even now, I'm very interested in the Quebec civil law system and forging ties with Quebec.

At Queen's, we have an exchange with the University of Sherbrooke. Queen's students can spend one year in Quebec and receive a Civil Law degree and their Quebecois counterparts come here for a Common Law degree. This year, there are 12 students from Sherbrooke studying law in Kingston.

I would also like to mention a sharp blawg from Quebec: Class Action Quebec. It is written by Abraham A. Tachjian, a third year law student at Université de Montréal. It is a professional, well-designed piece of web real estate with a wealth of information on class action lawsuits in Quebec. Thank you Abraham!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home