Thursday, July 29, 2004

Enjoying the Summer

I remember a few months ago I asked an upper year law school student, "what should I be doing during the summer to prepare for law school?" His answer was, "just enjoy your summer." I have to admit, it has been quite hard for me not to spend at least a few moments of each day preparing myself, but I've been getting better.

I have a bit of news. We have finally moved back to Canada. We spent an exhausting day hauling all our stuff from our apartment in the US, down 5 floors of stairs into a 10' Budget truck, cleaning the apartment, and driving to Kingston. That was a looooooooooong day! You know, it was a strange feeling coming across the border. By almost all quantitative measure, the highway north of the border was the same as the American side. Yet, we both felt so much more comfortable driving along the Canadian highways. Odd, eh? I'm glad to be getting settled with so much time to spare before classes start. Our plan from now until September 7th is to just chill out and enjoy the summer. I hope you will too! :)

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had arranged things to have a month-long breather before going back to school. I'm working right up until the bitter end--I'll have a few days between finishing work and starting school again.

I shouldn't have let my boss talk me in to staying so long in to August, but it seemed like a good idea at the time (money talks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home