Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mac Software

A fellow law student/ Mac user gave me some tips that I want to pass along. His recommended open-source software (with my commentary):

Downloaded Adium today. It's a little program that combines MSN/ AIM/ Yahoo/ ICQ/ Jabber and all the other ones. I used before Proteus but I got sick of the nagware and it wasn't worth paying for. Adium is wonderful.

Firefox - I'm still very happy with Safari, but this is a close second.

Open Office - An alternative to Microsoft's Office suite. Free. No strings. If I hadn't already forked over for MSOffice, I would definitely go this route.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger divine angst said...

I use Fire (fire.sourceforge.net) as my multi-chat app. I know it does AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ. Not sure about the others. It's very versatile and user-friendly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home