Sunday, December 19, 2004

One More To Go

My last exam, Property Law, is tomorrow. I will have written 4 of 5 exams for this exam period. I've put off Contracts Law for January. My professor has agreed to let me write it after the break, although it won't count no matter how I fare. From what I can tell, about 1/2 to 2/3 of my class wrote 4 or more exams. About 1/5 only wrote the mandatory two.

After my exam tomorrow, we are heading straight to Internet-free rural America so I will be unable to post. I hope you enjoy your holidays and I will continue these updates in 2005.

A bientot,

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's all this "writing" exams stuff? I'm not too familiar with the Canadian legal education.

Have a good time in rural America but watch out for the meth manufacturers. I do. My hometown in Nebraska has 80 people and it's scarier than the scariest neighborhood in Omaha driving around there at night.

Even worse...my parents only have 28.8 dial-up.

Steve

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I don't know you, but I'm in 3rd year law at Queen's and just stumbled across your blog this morning. Just some words of advice: if the practice exams don't go as well as you may have hoped, don't worry about it! In one of my classes in 1yr, despite studying for the practice I got like a C or C+ or something... but ended up getting the class prize for the final. Sometimes, it just takes a little longer for things to "click". That's why they have practice exams! However, of course, if they do go well, then congrats! Be prepared though, once those marks come out in January, a lot of people will freak out and spend the rest of their year in study hell (which, given your year's rather studious bent already, would be pretty ridiculously hardcore!). Just don't be one of those people! Success in law school is about balance. I can't emphasize that enough. If you don't spend at least equal time at the Toucan (or, insert social venue of your choice) as you do at the library, I'd recommend a change. Anyway, best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home