Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just Married! (And other adventures)

What a month! What a crazy, life-changing month. Since I last posted, I have accepted an offer for an articling position, tied up all loose ends at work (and briefed the incoming lawyer who took over my files), moved into a downtown apartment in Kingston, and tied the proverbial knot in Tofino, BC.

I am pleased - no, absolutely, over-the-moon thrilled - to share with you that my fiancee is now my wife. If you have been following the news over the last few weeks, you may be aware that Tofino has been going through a bizarre crisis: the rainforest town ran out of water. Of all our Plan B contingencies, we never would have expected a water shortage leading to a potential evacuation of the town. Thankfully, just in time, the evacuation was averted and we had a beautiful wedding ceremony on the beach. (If I have time, I'll post a pic of my black velvet flip-flops and other wedding stories later.)

And in other news ... yes, I accepted an offer to article with a mid-size firm on Bay Street. Again, I am absolutely thrilled to start my legal career at the firm. From the moment I walked in, I felt like it was perfect fit. I will try to post more about the end of the whole process later. In the meantime, let me just say that I have a renewed confidence that things work out. I have many intelligent, skilled friends who are still looking for articling positions but I have no doubt that everyone will find his or her niche.

An intelligent, gorgeous wife, a fresh semester, an articling position on the horizon ... life is great. Rollin, rollin, rollin...

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Lawyerlike said...

Don't forget being featured in a national magazine alongside, shall I say, several other remarkable individuals.

http://www.cbanational.student.rogers.dgtlpub.com/

Congrats!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Simeon said...

Congrats on your marriage! Remember, she's always going to be the most important person in yoru life (alongside your children when they arrive). Never take it for granted. In fact, decide that every morning and every evening you'll think of how much you love her, and tell her. I've been married 8 years - it's the best thing I ever did. Plus, my wife's a hottie, and so down to earth! I hope you don't mind that I've linked you to my blog (http://lawtarget.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home