Friday, May 21, 2004

Readings

I've decided to dedicate a couple evenings a week to prepare for September. I figure, at the very least, it will be good for me to start reading academic papers again. It's been about 5 years since I graduated from UVic (B.A. - Philosophy) so I'm a bit nervous about getting into the swing of things. On my reading list this week:

- the 2003 Orientation Guide to Queens that still happens to be online
- an old Contracts exam from 1997- an old Legal Professions exam
- some old Legal Ethics exams from American University in Washington, DC
- another discussion board - Greedy Canada - that seems to be geared for practicing lawyers (rather than students). I'm planning on reading through the posts for nuggets of helpful advice. I'll keep you posted if I find anything. :)
- an Op/Ed article from the New York Times about academia and activism - from what I've read, I completely disagree with this guy

In my search of the Queens website, I came across this link. Nice pic! Could it be that the folks at the law library have a sense of humour?

Word of the Day: res judicata
and other Legal Terms and Latin Phrases from Queens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home