Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Unique visitors

This website was accessed twice today from the offices of Shearman & Sterling in New York. As far as I’m aware, this is the first time anyone from that firm has visited. I am constantly impressed by the vast reach of the Internet. After I included that little map you can see on the bottom right, I've been able to see where visitors come from. To date, this site has been viewed in over 70 countries. Wow. That's cool.

I also find it curious how visitors get here. With the simple, free service of eXtreme tracking, I can see the search terms of individual surfers. Here are some interesting ones:
“what you smell in the fall”
“average starting salary of law school grad”
“queen's lawyer ranking” (maybe the folks at S&S?)
“why Macs computer is more expensive”
“average age of UK law students”
If they didn't find what they were looking for, I hope they were at least mildly entertained.

Actually, this post is a sales pitch. If you’re a law student, I would encourage you to start a blog. I asked a friend if he would start one and his response was: “I don’t have anything to say”. My response: “rubbish”. I think his daily life in Kingston going to law school would very interesting for many readers. We may not all be as creative as Sarah, but that’s not the point. Or, at least, it doesn’t have to be the point. Case in point.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger þΛųL jØŋαŦhΛŋ said...

random accident that i got on here... i think i linked through the brinkreview... i don't even know how my own blog is linked... small world, i guess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home