Friday, May 21, 2004

Fellow Law School Bloggers

One site worth checking out includes a fellow blogger who might be joining me at Queens in the fall if it wins out over the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Alberta.

And this blogger also went back to Canada for law school. It seems he completed his undergraduate degree at Princeton and decided to pursue his law degree at Dalhousie. For me that's interesting because I quiz my true-blue New Yorker friends about Canadian law schools and, sorry to say it, Dal just doesn't show up on their radar screens. On that note, one friend I asked about Queens said, "wow, isn't that the Yale of Canada?"

Also, here's a head hunting site for lawyers and legal professionals. I suppose I may be using their services in the not-so-distant future. It's interesting that in their "WorldWide" map of jobs there's nothing listed for Africa. Are there no lawyers in Africa? ;)

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger The Tiger said...

Hi there Alastair.

Why Dal? Well, they gave me a pretty decent scholarship. And... well, American reputation isn't exactly my concern. (If it were, I'd have gone to Columbia or NYU -- those would've been within my reach.)

Dal's reputation among Canadian law schools is pretty well-established, and I wanted to live somewhere new. Living with the 'rents and taking the subway to school at U of T, which was my other main option, wouldn't have been nearly so fun. (I do still wonder about rejecting McGill, though, as it would've been a really great experience as well.)

Best of luck at Queen's. (Oh, and one of your future schoolmates keeps a blog at scottengland.blogspot.com.)

First year was a really interesting experience -- you've got one heck of a year ahead of you.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but the comment about Queen's being the Yale of canada...was that supposed to be funny?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home