Thursday, January 06, 2005

Government Work Con't

Thank you to the former public servant who offered his/her insight into working for the government. (BTW, within which department did you work?)

Rereading my comments from the MAG tour, I question if I was too harsh. I suppose at heart I am an idealist and I expect great things from government. When I went to the open house, I was expecting to meet the solid individuals who didn't care about the big $$ and chose, instead, a job where they could contribute to bettering our society. "Screw the materialistic hogwash that corporate marketers force through my eye sockets! I want to improve this world for future generations." Alas, perhaps I was begging for disappointment.

The stupid part is that I should have known better. I've worked for the BC Government (summer job) and for the Fed. Dept. of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT). I know the flavour of government offices. Yet, I still expected more. I suppose I just wanted MAG to be different.
My bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home