Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy Canada Day!!

It feels good to be back in the country. Toronto is busling with festivals, parades, and events. On my way to work yesterday (yes, I could only stand to do nothing for a few days) I passed by a Canada Day celebration handing out Beavertails. They're like sweet pieces on nan bread dipped in cinnamon and/or with apples. Isn't it funny how food tastes better when it's free? :)

I'm working for a lawyer who has a big case. He needs help organizing boxes and boxes of documents to prepare for the "discovery" process. Nice guy. Osgoode grad: LLB/ MBA. We were talking yesterday about the merits of getting an LLB versus getting a JD. We agreed that for individuals who might go south, a JD (as offered by UofT Law) is more useful. However, old profs who are stuck in their ways advocate the value of an LLB. Honestly, I'd prefer if all Canadian school switched to a JD. For all the work I'm putting into this, I'd prefer to get more than just another bachelor's degree! Maybe I'll talk to our new dean ...

3 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get hooked up with the job?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger a blawger said...

I found my job through word of mouth. Many other law school students went back to where they were working prior to law school.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you about changing the degree from LLB to JD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home