Friday, May 28, 2004

My Laptop Arrived!

The friendly UPS guy dropped off my Mac yesterday. From reading posts on discussion boards, advice from sempais, and the Queen's Law site itself, it seems like a good idea to bring an ultra-portable laptop with me to law school. And, I'll tell ya, this new Apple is SWEET! :)

Finally, I am practicing what I preach. For years I have been enumerating the virtues of Macs to anyone that would listen, without actually owning one myself. (I know, I know!) On my advice, my girlfriend bought a beautiful iBook last year - and still loves it - and a colleague just bought a new G5.

The only problem with my new machine is that it didn't come with a word processor. (What's up with that, eh?) I'm deliberating between forking over the dough for Office 2004 or buying Apple Works. Honestly, it pains me to think about installing anything remotely connected with Windoze but, and I hate to admit this, I'm used to Word. What do other users think?

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that Apple has been very good with 'branding' their products--they are definately the computer equivalent of Coca-Cola and Nike. Hence, they are able to command a higher price for substantially equivalent products, given that they bear the Apple mark. How ironic that Mac-users have a reputation for being creative people with a lefty political leanings.

Return the power to the people! Buy the cheapest knock-off PC you can find, and install Linux!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an iBook G4 myself :). If you haven't gotten QuickVoice yet you really should! It is a wonderful digital voice recorder. It is only $19.95 USD and soooo helpful. I've been using it for the past year to record my UofT lectures and the quality is excellent. It is even better then the Griffin Tech iTalk recorder I use with my iPod. I usually just leave it running while I type up my notes and don't have to sweat it if I don't feel like it cuz I can always listen to the recordings later. The other great thing about it is that iTunes easily converts the recordings to Mp3s. BTW you're blog is really helpful!

Kimmie

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous tamara tom said...

Wow,
Nice content i like this post.
Offer a wide selection of the most popular medicines online. Buy Onax Bar online from trusted source to save your time and money...with FAST shipping, LOW prices and Toll-free customer support!
Buy onax

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow,
Nice content i like this post.
Offer a wide selection of the most popular medicines online. Buy Onax Bar 2mg online from trusted source to save

your time and money…with FAST shipping, LOW prices and Toll-free customer support! Click here

buy Onax bar 2mg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home